Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Endoscopic Spine Surgery is a state-of-the-art surgery which uses small tubular system or micro incisions, assisted with an endoscope for visualization. This is a revolutionary minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) provides patients with quicker recovery and less pain than traditional spine surgery. Endoscopic Spine Surgery is the most effective and most successful alternative treatment option for traditional spine surgery. Lakecity Hospital has a dedicated full time Endoscopy Spine Surgeon. Our Spine surgeons are highly experienced and skillful to cure all types’ complex spine diseases.
The Endoscopic department of Lakecity Hospital is a well equipped with all the latest diagnostic Equipments and world class infrastructure to deal with all kind of Spine related problems.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery and Diseases
Endoscopic Spine Surgery is the most advanced type of surgery used by most of the Spine Surgeons. It has improved patient’s life much better. Endoscopic spine surgery is primarily used to treat various spine diseases such as:
- Disc Herniations
- Spinal Stenosis
- Bone Spurs
- Slipped Vertebrates
- Spinal Joint Arthritis
- Spinal Cord Fracture
- Spine Tumor
- Spinal Cord Deformity
- Spinal Cord Infections
Types of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Lakecity Hospital has a well equipped and ultra modern Operation theater to deal with any kind of emergency situations. Major types of endoscopic spine surgeries performed at Lakecity Hospital include:
- Endoscopic Discectomy
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy
- Endoscopic Facet Rhizotomy
- Endoscopic Laminotomy
Advantages of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
The Endoscopy Spine surgery is very beneficial for patients due to various reasons such as:
- Microscopic incision
- Minimal or no blood loss
- Immediate recovery
- Reduced pain meds
- Preservation of spinal mobility
- Mostly local anesthesia
- Same day surgery
- High success rates
- Improved quality of life
- No removal of muscle or bone
Endoscopic Spine Surgery Procedures
Endoscopic Spine surgery is performed by an expert Spine Surgeon. The procedure is not same for all spine patients and it is mainly depending on the part of spinal cord where the procedure is to be done.
- Before the actual starting of the procedure, the patient is given a general anesthesia. This prevents pain during the procedure.
- Spine surgeon carefully monitors patient’s heart rates and blood pressure.
- Doctors give antibiotic before and after the surgery to prevent infection.
- During the procedure, surgeon uses a special type of X-ray to view the surgery.
- The Spine surgeon makes a small incision on back in the area that needs to be treated. A tubular retractor is put into this incision. This exposes the part of the spine where treatment is to be given.
- The surgeon then pass put small tools through this retractor. This includes a tiny camera and a light.
- Then finally, the surgeon makes required repair or procedure to cure spine problem.
- When the procedure is done, the tools and retractor are removed and the incisions are closed with stitches. A small bandage is put on the wound.