Urology is the branch of medical science which mainly focuses on the surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs. The urinary and reproductive tracts are closely linked and disorders of one often affect the other. Urologist is a physician who specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. Urology mainly deals with the disorders of kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra and the male reproductive organs including testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis.
Lake City Hospital has a team of highly qualified and well experienced Urologists who have performed lots of complex urinary tract diseases successfully. The Urology Department at Lake City Hospital offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities for advanced urological care by leading urologist. Lake City Hospital maintains all necessary standards as per the international medical norms. Our urology department is always ready to provide essential emergency medical services to save patients life.
Common Urological Diseases
Lake City Hospital has most advanced treatment facility for the treatment of various diseases such as:
- Kidney Stones
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Frequency/Overactive Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Elevated PSA
- Microscopic Hematuria
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Impotence/Erectile Dysfunction
- Bladder Cancer
- Male Infertility
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
- Urinary Incontinence (UI)
- Kidney Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
Urology Tests and Procedures
The Urology department of Lake City Hospital is a well equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment’s and excellent infrastructure to deal with all kind of urinary tract related problems. Urologist performs common diagnostic tests and treatment procedures at lakecity Hospital which includes:
- Antegrade Pyelogram
- Circumcision for Children
- Cystoscopy for Women
- Genital and Pelvic Reconstruction
- Intravenous Pyelogram
- Urine Flow Test
- Laparoscopic Pelvic Prolapse Repair
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Cancer Ablation
- Kidney Ultrasound
- Kidney, Ureter and Bladder X-ray
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Cyst Ablation
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
- Nephrectomy with Vein/Vena Cava Involvement
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithonomy (PCNL)
- Perineal Prostatectomy
- Prostate Biopsy
- Prostate/Rectal Ultrasound
- Radical Nephrectomy
- Radical Orchiectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Retrograde Cystography
- Retrograde Pyelogram
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection
- Sperm Retrieval Procedures
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
Urological Services at Lake City Hospital
Wide Range of services provided by Urology Department under main sub specialties includes:
- Pediatric Urology: Diagnostic and treatment of Un-descended Testis and Ectopic Urethra and other Disorders in children.
- Kidney stone removal, Ureter, Urinary Baladder and urethra. The main Procedure like: PCNL, ESWL, URSL and Uretric stent.
- Urology Cancer: Diagnosis and treatment of Bladder cancer, kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer and Testicular Cancer.
- Treatment of Male Infertility: In includes less sperm counts, injury to penis as well as testicles and other abnormalities in male reproductive organs.
- Female Urology: In treatment of Incontinence of Urine and UV Fistula.
- Neuro-urology: Urodynamic Evaluation, Eractile Dysfunction
- Treatment of Prostate Diseases: It includes TURP Surgery and TUNA Surgery.
Lake City Hospital has a team of highly skillful, talented and professional Urologists who are 24/7 ready to provide world class treatment to patients.