Pediatric Surgery is a sub-specialty of surgery involving the surgery of fetuses, infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Pediatric Surgeons at Lakecity Hospital provides care for a range of surgical problems in children from the most simple and correctable diseases to major congenital anomalies requiring a lifetime of care as well as support. Our Pediatric Surgery is committed to excellence in clinical care teaching and research.
Common Pediatric Diseases
Lakecity Hospital has a highly experienced and proficient Pediatric Surgeons who provide world class treatment for various diseases such as:
- Congenital Malformations:
It includes diseases such as lymphangioma, cleft lip and palate, esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschsprung’s disease, imperforate anus and undescended testes.
- Abdominal WallDefects:
Common diseases include omphalocele, gastroschisis and hernias.
- ChestWall Deformities:
Chest wall deformities include pectus excavatum (known as sunken or funnel chest) and Pectus carinatum (pigeon chest).
- Childhood Tumors:
It includes neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, ATRT, liver tumors and teratomas.
Common Pediatric Surgeries
Lakecity Hospital is a well equipped with advanced medical technology to treat all types of severe pediatric diseases. Lakecity Hospital performs various Paediatric Surgery which includes:
- Heart and Lung transplantation
- Kidneys and Ureters surgery
- Brain surgery
- Neurological surgery
- Spinal cord surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Liver surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- ENT surgery
- Urological surgery
- Ontological or cancer surgery
Child’s Safety is a top priority at Lakecity Hospital. Our surgeons always use the least invasive approach to repair a defect or injury and help child to recover as quickly as possible. Lakecity Hospital follows standard treatment procedures while treating any child or infant.
- Before surgery, our pediatric surgeons work to ensure child is as healthy and strong as possible. By taking precautions before surgery, we improve child’s recovery after surgery and reduce the risk of infection or any long-term side effects.
- Pediatric Surgeons always choose the least painful and minimally invasive procedure. Our main goal is to minimize the complications after the surgery.
- The pediatric surgeons continuously monitor infant’s or child’s health conditions which mainly include heart rates and blood pressure.
- The surgical team at Lakecity Hospital uses many best practices to minimize the chance of a bad reaction to the anesthetic, to promote wound healing and to reduce the risk of post-operative pneumonia and other infections.
The Pediatric Specialist doctors available in the pediatric department have tremendous exposure to handle all types of emergency in the field of child healthcare.